Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Updates! It's starting to look like HOME!

It's been a while since I've posted updated pics of the apartment -- but things have been coming along nicely! I am definitely learning the golden virtue PATIENCE with all of this (the kitchen is still completely non-existant, lol), but looking at the 'before' pictures shuts me up fast if I start to utter any complaints.... ;) It's really come so far, and I am THANKFUL that I can turn it into a cozy little home. :)

So here's the guest bedroom thus far...*sigh* so pretty! :)


Remember what it looked like before we started?? Ew!


BEAUTIFUL antique doorknob -- they don't make 'em like they used to! I think doorknobs, handles, etc. are a home's "jewelry", so they SHOULD be pretty! :)



A cozy view peeking into the bedroom with the sun warming up the bit of living room here...


And here's my two kitchens -- in the back is the "real" kitchen...still under construction. We decided to raise the ceiling, and we're going to insulate and sheetrock it all before the BRAND NEW oak cabinets go in. :) In the front of the pic is my "camp" kitchen...I'm really roughing it... >;p LOL



But even THAT doesn't look so bad compared to basically the same view BEFORE we started, hmm? At first I wanted to save the arched entry to the kitchen, but now I think it's going to look much more spacious without it. And since we're working with a small space, the illusion will be nice. :)


Here's to dreaming of Thanksgiving dinner cooked up in a beautiful new kitchen.... ;)

1 comments:

Hosanna said...

This is so cool! I love your guest bedroom.