After being inspired by a post on my favorite forum, http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/, I decided I would try making my own fresh butter!
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~
To start with, I poured approximately one pint of organic heavy cream (only approximately, because a wee bit was sacrificed to go with strawberries for breakfast ;) ) into a jar with a snug lid...

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~
To start with, I poured approximately one pint of organic heavy cream (only approximately, because a wee bit was sacrificed to go with strawberries for breakfast ;) ) into a jar with a snug lid...
Then I started the hard part...shaking the jar...for TWENTY minutes!! After about ten minutes, the sloshing stops, and it all gets thick and looks like this......
Almost soft ice cream consistency....
This is a difficult part...because the shaking feels fruitless because it's simply "whoomping" in the jar...
This is a difficult part...because the shaking feels fruitless because it's simply "whoomping" in the jar...
But after about five minutes longer, it starts sloshing again as the buttermilk seperates from the butter forming in the center of the jar!!
After the 20 minutes, I drained the buttermilk, and rinsed the butter several times (the butter will go sour quickly if milk remains)....
Buttermilk set aside to make pancakes with!! :)












0 comments:
Post a Comment