Thursday, November 12, 2009

I am second...

Today I realized, or brought into conciousness, the fact that as much as I surrender myself and my life to God...I still hold the viewpoint that "I" am my own, and my life is definitely "MY life". Kinda like 'okay God, I trust you, I'd love if you'd do your work in MY (oops, there it is, see?!) life, because "I" need you because "I" think this is important'...blah blah blah...

I feel like I've entered a slow-motion scene in an action movie...where all of a sudden I can step back and examine things...I can see the blur behind me of everything meaningless racing by...and I can gain a bit of perspective...

And the perspective I'm looking at things with now leaves me humbled...I'm going to stop running like mad through this race of life...it is no longer about me, for me, because of me...about what I can get, what I can gain, who I can be...and I'm going to kneel before the throne of God...and do His bidding.

Because HE is first. i am but second. i am HIS. my life is HIS. i am for HIM. Because of HIM.

Try thinking about your life from this perspective...it changes a lot of things, doesn't it??

Sweet freedom, peace, contentedness...knowing we don't have to get things perfect, we don't have to win all the battles, we don't have to morph into the perfect ideal held before us...because it simply is not about us...

It's about HIM. :)

Rambling, I know...but 'tis my new declaration...i am but second.

Cheers!

0 comments: