Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A confession...

My dearest Blog;

I have something I must confess to you. I've been having a flirtation...well, I suppose more of an...affair...with eBay. I know you've started to wonder, as I visit you less and less...neglect the little things here and there...

Well, now you know.


I'm not sure how it happened...it started as just a curiosity thing...you know, like 'I wonder what would happen if I listed one item...'

And now it's turned into a compulsive habit...not a moment goes by that I'm not thinking about my listings, plotting new sales, visiting with...eBay.

I'd be ashamed, but I'm SO happy with eBay! We really make a great team...and eBay is so good to me...I haven't had this many returns in a relationship in a very long time...I feel important...purposeful...

((excuse me while I hit the refresh button on my items up for bid))



*ahem*

Aaanyway...
perhaps we can still be friends?

>;p

2 comments:

Hosanna said...

Reaaaaallly? I've never tried it! Do you have a eBay store, actually? I talked to a guy in the antique business who said he was unhappy about eBay b/c of fees and stuff. How true is that? He said he had more success with Craigslist. This is very interesting. Maybe I will try it sometime.

Jodi Eliza said...

I don't have a store, but I've been listing odds and ends of things for the last couple weeks. I'm thinking of doing it more of a full time thing, because it's quick profit!

The fees are a lot more than what they used to be (or so I've heard), but for me they've balanced out to being apprx. 10% of my earnings. Of course, that's just an average, but the way I see it, it's a lot cheaper than, say, renting a store front!

I've listed a few items on Craigslist, but you don't have the same market as eBay. eBay is recognized and popular worldwide...and the bidding format is better than Craigslist, too.

The trick is finding the popular catagories...for instance, jewelry is waaay too diluted with sellers...can't sell hardly a thing. But sewing machines...remember that vintage one I got for $10? Sold it yesterday for $150. >;D